Computers and study areas
Note! Corona restrictions
The number of seats is very limited, and only for students.
You can book your seat during our opening hours, max. 2 hours.
No rooms for group studies are available.
The library has computers for searching the library catalogue (no login required), and computers featuring the Office software package as well as printing options.
The computer work stations at Sambib are located here:
- Level 2 – computer rooms
- Level 1 – in the book rooms
- Basement level – in the lecture room, when it is not booked for teaching (applies during the semester)
How to log in
Students and staff: To use the fully equipped computers, you need to log in using your student account. Employees use their LU account.
Other users, not affiliated with Lund university: If you are neither a student nor an employee of Lund University, and you want to open a computer account, you can get help with that during office hours (9-16). You will need a library card.
Student computers are equipped with:
- The Office software package & Adobe Acrobat
- The ArcGIS and QGIS geographical information system
- SPSS statistical program
- Stata statistical program
- NVivo qualitative data analysis software
- Reference management program EndNote
- Map viewer program DjVu
- Spell-checking programs StavaRex and SpellRight
- Voice synthesis program TorTalk
Rules for computer use
The computers are primarily intended for study and research. When using the computers, you must follow the SUNET rules and show consideration to other users. Using the computers in a way that can be perceived as offensive or disruptive is not permitted. This includes using the computers to access websites with pornographic content.
The library’s study places are on level 2, one floor up. The large reading room is a quiet reading room. The study places are available during the library’s opening hours.
Due to the restrictions during the Covid-19 pandemic, there are currently no rooms for group studies at Sambib.
E-mail:info [at] sambib [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: 046-222 09 90