Computers and computer workstations
The library has computers for searching the library catalogue (no login required), and computers featuring the Office software package as well as printing options. There are also two bookable computer workstations on level 2.
The computers at Sambib are located here:
- Level 2 – computer room and quiet computer room
- Level 1 – in the book rooms
- Basement level – in the lecture room, when it is not booked for teaching (applies during the semester)
Computer workstations in the quiet computer room
Students at Lund University can book a workstation in room 207. The room is on level 2 next to the quiet reading room.
The room has two computer workstations and one study place with a screen for connecting your own laptop. All places have height-adjustable tables.
Booking rules for the individual computer locations
- The seats are for individual use only, no group work is allowed
- You can book a maximum of three hours once a day
- If a seat is available 15 minutes after the start of the booking period, it will be available to other users
- You are not allowed to eat food in the room, only bring in drinks with lids.
How to log in
Students and staff: To use the fully equipped computers, you need to log in using your student account. Employees use their LU account.
Other users, not affiliated with Lund university: If you are neither a student nor an employee of Lund University, and you want to open a computer account, you can get help with that during office hours (9-16). You will need a library card.
Student computers are equipped with:
- The Office software package & Adobe Acrobat
- The ArcGIS and QGIS geographical information system
- SPSS statistical program
- Stata statistical program
- NVivo qualitative data analysis software
- Reference management program EndNote
- Map viewer program DjVu
- Spell-checking programs StavaRex and SpellRight
- Voice synthesis program TorTalk
Rules for computer use
The computers are primarily intended for study and research. When using the computers, you must follow the SUNET rules and show consideration to other users. Using the computers in a way that can be perceived as offensive or disruptive is not permitted. This includes using the computers to access websites with pornographic content.
E-mail:info [at] sambib [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: 046-222 09 90
Acceptable use Policy and Code of Ethics for SUNET
The do's and don'ts when using our computers! (In Swedish)