Computers and study areas
The library has computers for searching the library catalogue (no login required), and computers featuring the Office software package as well as printing options.
The computer work stations at Sambib are located here:
- Level 1 – computer rooms
- Entrance level – in the book rooms
- Basement level – in the lecture room, when it is not booked for teaching (applies during the semester)
Students and staff: To use the fully equipped computers, you need to log in using your student account. Employees use their LU account.
Other users, not affiliated with Lund university: If you are neither a student nor an employee of Lund University, and you want to open a computer account, you can get help with that during office hours (9-16). You will need a library card.
Student computers are equipped with:
- The Office software package & Adobe Acrobat
- The QGIS geographical information system
- SPSS statistical program
- Reference management program EndNote
- Map viewer program DjVu
- Reading programs for talking books with synthesised voice function EasyReader
- Spell-checking programs StavaRex and SpellRight
- Voice synthesis program TorTalk
- Voice synthesis program Voxit Budgie Pro (only in room 207)
Rules for computer use
The computers are primarily intended for study and research. When using the computers, you must follow the SUNET rules and show consideration to other users. Using the computers in a way that can be perceived as offensive or disruptive is not permitted. This includes using the computers to access websites with pornographic content.
Here is information on how to connect to Lund University's wireless internet.
The library’s study places are on level 1, one floor up. The large reading room is a quiet reading room. The study places are available during the library’s opening hours.
The library has two group rooms with a computer and a whiteboard on level 1. There are booking lists outside the rooms, where the rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 3 hours. A booked room must be occupied within 15 minutes of the booked starting time. A group can make at most 3 bookings per week.
E-mail: info [at] sambib [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: 046-222 09 90