Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

New student?

Students in the reading room

Where do I find the material I need for my course?

You can find the reading lists on your department’s website, or on the portal used by your department.

Look up the books in the library catalogue LUBcat or in LUBsearch to find out which shelf they are on or to request them if they are out on loan. In LUBsearch you can also search for articles.

What do I need in order to use the library?

You need two things in order to use the library and our resources to the maximum effect: your student account and your LU card.

Your student account

All students at Lund University get a student account when they start. First of all you need to activate your student account.

You use your account for logging in to wifi, to our computers and printers and to access our databases and articles from home. You also use it to log in to the Student Portal and your student email.

If you want to change your password, you can do it yourself. If you have lost your login information, you can order a new set here.

Here is information on how to connect to Lund University's wireless internet.

Your LU card

As a student you use your LU card as library card. Here you find information about where and when you can pick up your LU card:

To be able to use the LU card as library card you need to register a new account in LUBcat and then come to the circulation desk at the library
to activate it.

The library card is valid for all libraries at Lund University. In LUBcat you will find in which library the books are held and where they are located. You can also request books via the catalogue using your library account.

To use the self service machine you will need your PIN. The LU card pin code is found here. Click on Log in.

How do I borrow and return books?

At Sambib, we have a self service machine where you can borrow and return books yourself, but the staff is also here to help you. You can also return books at any other Lund University library.

There is a transport service between Lund University’s libraries which means that if you request a book in LUBcat you can choose at which library you want to pick it up.

Where do I get reading and writing support?

Do you have dyslexia, vision impairment or other reading difficulties? If so, you can get help at the library in obtaining adapted course texts, such as talking books.

Where can I sit and study?

The library is one of the study environments which the faculty offers its students. At the library, there are some group study rooms on the second floor which you can book directly in the calendar by the door, computer work stations and rooms where it is possible to study in a quiet environment.

Adjacent to Sambib is the Eden building which also offers places to sit and study, alone or in a group.

Page Manager: