Managing data involves time and costs, which need to be considered when budgeting for the project.
Examples of costs:
- Time (managing, cleaning and coding the data)
- Software (costs for purchase or licence/year, start-up costs)
- Staff (data manager for the project, research engineer for programming)
- Safe storage (server space, safety cabinets)
- Ethical review application
If your project involves building, for instance, a database or a web service that is to be maintained after the end of the project, this has to be considered in the budget.
If specified in the application, these costs can usually be covered by the project grant. The library and LDC can help you estimate the costs.